Loving Mr. Daniels by Brittainy C. Cherry (REVIEW)

Cover

Let's talk about this book. First, here's the blurb so you have an idea on what it's about.

"To Whom it May Concern, It was easy to call us forbidden and harder to call us soulmates. Yet I believed we were both. Forbidden soulmates. When I arrived to Edgewood, Wisconsin I didn’t plan to find him. I didn't plan to stumble into Joe's bar and have Daniel's music stir up my emotions. I had no clue that his voice would make my hurts forget their own sorrow. I had no idea that my happiness would remember its own bliss. When I started senior year at my new school, I wasn’t prepared to call him Mr. Daniels, but sometimes life happens at the wrong time for all the right reasons. Our love story wasn’t only about the physical connection.It was about family. It was about loss. It was about being alive. It was silly. It was painful. It was mourning. It was laughter.It was ours. And for those reasons alone, I would never apologize for loving Mr. Daniels. 

-Ashlyn Jennings"

Now that you've read the book, I'd like to give you my opinion on it. Overall, I loved it. I loved Daniel Daniels and I loved Ashlyn Jennings. I loved the book, but there were a few things that kind of bothered me. Obviously not enough to make me want to stop reading because I finished this book in less than 5 hours. 

Here's the thing though, Ashlyn cries. A whole fucking lot. Seriously.  She cries in every fucking chapter and it just made me want to slap her in the face a few times.  Still, she knew her worth, didn't let herself get overcome by the bullies, and made her own decisions. 

I like that Daniel isn't an asshole. He never is in the whole book and for me, that a rare thing because almost always the guy turns into a little bit of an asshole. He never did. Oh, also a great thing is that he wasn't afraid to tell her how he felt about her. You guys know those books/series that omfg the guy is so closed off and  he never tells the girl how he feels until it's too late. Not Daniel though, he knew when and where.

I just remembered another thing that annoyed me about the book. There are a lot of deaths. A LOT. In total, four. Plus, she killed my favorite character of all time. I was so mad.

Still, it's such a nice read. The book has smut, though not a lot which I found balancing. The main character is nineteen so for those of you that are like me and can't read a book if the main character is less than sixteen years old, this is the book for you.

I truly recommend it.

xoxo,

Charlie   
x

Charlie

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

No comments:

Post a Comment