My True Love Gave to Me

As always, I would like to start with the cover.  Obviously, never ever judge a book by it's cover, but it's a gorgeous cover, be sure to appreciate it!

Isn't it gorgeous?

First of all, it looks absolutely festive which is necessary for a Christmas based book.  Also, I think it's really clever because every couple on the cover represents one story.

One of my favorites.

Let's start with Midnights by Rainbow Rowell.  I would like to think that most of you reading this know who Rainbow Rowell is, but for those of you who don't, she's the writer for Eleanor & Park, Fangirl, and some other amazing stories.  It's pretty obvious to say that I dived into this story expecting the best and oh I got way more.  Since the beginning, you immediately have two people to ship.  Don't really want to get into the story so I don't spoil it for those of you who haven't read it, but it's safe to say that you'll finish this story and want more.  Like a whole book.

Well...

I went into this story not knowing what to expect because I've never read a book by Kelly Link.  Honestly, I don't think I would.  This story wasn't that great and it just left me like 'meh'.  So I don't have much to say about this one.

Oh my goodness, yes.

I absolute loveddddddddd this story.  I cannot express into words how much I freaking adored this story.  This is one of the stories that left me wanting more, in a really good way.  I absolutely loved the characters and their development.  I've never read any of his books, but I am definitely going to now!
Good, but not great.

I love myself some good really really christmassy story, BUT this one just didn't do much for me.  The characters were kind of bland and just the whole story I guess was just okay.  I really wanted something different, but it was just a typical mean girl hates main characters and they both like the hunky guy.  In this case it was a hunky elf and almost everything was in the North Pole, but other than that, it was just like a high school drama.

YES YES YES YES YES

When I saw who the author was, I got extremely excited because hello! ANNA AND THE FRENCH KISS IS AMAZINGGGGG! So I started reading and reading and just the whole story is great.  There's a guy with a really great voice and the girl is a youtuber (<-- I literally fangirled there cause I love youtubers) and she needed his voice for her latest project.  That's how it all started.  I recommend this one greatly.  It's one of the best stories on this whole book.


Expected wayyyy more.

David Levithan.  I love this guy.  I mean, Every day is one of my favorite books and he wrote Will Grayson, Will Grayson with John Green.  So it's pretty easy to say that I mainly bought this whole book because he wrote one of the stories.  So I read every story before this one and when I finally reached it, I had to stop, take a deep breath, and start reading.  The story started out slow, but I kept reading because it's David omfg.  Then I was half way through, still slow.  Finally, I finished it.  Gosh, I was so disappointed.  It's about a boy who's Jewish who was asked by his boyfriend to dress as Santa Claus so his little sister didn't stop believing.  I mean, I just personally didn't like it.  And no, it wasn't because it was boyxboy.  I don't give a crap about that, it just didn't really do anything for me.




That's all I have for you today.  I'll make a post about the other six stories tomorrow or on Wednesday.  I hope you all have a great day wherever you are and that you keep reading.  It's probably finals week for some of you, so good luck to you.  Also, wish me luck cause I've got two finals at the end of the week!

xoxo,

Charlie 

P.S. I apologize for my very fangirlish language haha

Charlie

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

No comments:

Post a Comment